Last Wednesday, I attended the latest event from Web Wednesdays, Television is dead.
I had a very good time. There was a list of "speakers" on their blog, but the idea was more to socialize than watch some formal presentations: Feel free to speak to anyone in the room!
I met Damien, one of the two founders. Well done for your initiative! And as discussed, I look forward to inteviewing you soon.
In two hours, I also met
* Nic, one of the speakers. He is a very interesting man with a fascinating background...
* James* a friendly web designer who attends various networking events on regular basis
* Amir, a Producer for the BBC who is planning to go online soon
* Claire, the "Business Blog Angel"
* Cathy, a dynamic South African and a specialist in Digital and Direct Marketing
* Warwick, International Director of Accura-Tech (specialit offshore software development)
* Gary and John from Folio Partners (John knows my new company, SWIFT, very well)
* Angel, a very nice, smart, entrepreneur from Manchester who plans to launch a new travel podcast service with her partners (I invited her to contact my friend Guillaume, Founder of Hotel-Blogs.com!)
* Huia and Matt
Other networking events in London
* a special thanks to James who kindly shared with me a list of other networks/events in London:
Technorati: businessnetworking, socialnetworking, webwednesdays