I am a big fan of Linkedin, as far as I am concerned it is the best site for pure Business Networking, and openbc which is another excellent Social/Business Networking platform that I also use a lot.
Poll about Social Networking on Businessweek
I found a very interesting article from Daniela on openBLOG: Businessweek Is Looking For Your Favorite Social Networking Site.
Businessweek is asking its reader to vote for their favourite Social Networking Site, and all the contenders are only american companies.
I agree with Daniela, and I find pitty that openbc hasn't been selected... On the other hand, it is very us centric and I am not sure openbc has made it in the US... yet! ;)
Next year, with a stronger database of members in the US and more US companies using their platform, I am confident they will compete against the hugely popular MySpace of Linkedin!
openbc - Key facts
* The largest business social network in Europe and Asia, openBC has been profitable since its 3rd month of existence.
* A large percentage of openBC´s users pay $7.50/month for membership, making openBC the world’s largest paying business networking online community.
* openBC has been recognized as one of Web 2.0’s hottest startups by Business 2.0/CNN Money and one of Europe’s “Top 100” by the Red Herring Magazine in 2006.
* The openBC platform serves as the infrastructure for corporate groups, including IBM, McKinsey, Accenture and others.
* openBC is a 100% ad-free zone.
Technorati: socialnetworking, businessnetworking, openbc, linkedin